My objective was to create an image map of a slide I created using LibreOffice Impress. See this link for the result. Here is how I went about it:
- Create a presentation or flow diagram with the shapes you want, in LibreOffice Impress.
- Save the presentation as an ODP file, which is the default LibreOffice Impress format.
- Next, in Impress, click on each flowchart shape and select
Insert->Hyperlink. Enter the hyperlink.
- After you have done that, you can select
File->Exportto export the presentation as an HTML page.
- While exporting, the slide will be saved as a GIF image and the content will be stored in an HTML file.
- If you open the HTML file, you will find that the image map has been created. Coordinates of the regions of the shape used in the flowchart, where you entered the hyperlink would have been saved with the hyperlink you entered.
When the user clicks on the image on the web site, the hyperlink will be displayed.