How to fix compile error in Android application where strings.xml contain invalid characters

I created an application with a string-array in the strings.xml file. Unfortunately, I left some apostrophe in one of the string values that was: D'Souza Obviously, at compile time, the Android Studio 2.2 IDE threw an error about invalid characters not preceded by a . I should have actually put the string as: D'Souza Now, … Continue reading How to fix compile error in Android application where strings.xml contain invalid characters

Android Virtual device emulator not starting up or very slow with error sh: 1: glxinfo: not found

Android Virtual device emulator not starting up or very slow with error sh: 1: glxinfo: not found takes a very long time to start the emulator and finally returns with an error. To resolve the above error, do following: $ sudo apt-get install lib64stdc++6 <enter> Then create a link to the new 64 bit libraries … Continue reading Android Virtual device emulator not starting up or very slow with error sh: 1: glxinfo: not found

Error Junit:Junit:4.12 not found or missing after Android Studio 1.4 to 1.5 update

After I updated Android Studio from 1.4 to 1.5, all went well and the patch got applied. However, when starting the project, I got an error that read something like this. Error Junit:Junit:4.12 not found or missing This error occurred due to gradle not getting updated / synced properly. Apparently, to speed up Android Studio, … Continue reading Error Junit:Junit:4.12 not found or missing after Android Studio 1.4 to 1.5 update

Speed up menu bar and sub options opening in Android Studio 1.4

As a user of Android Studio 1.4, I found that the menu bar and it's sub-menus / sub options had a considerable delay before they showed up. I identified this to be with the icons and the animation effects on the menu and it's appearance. To increase speed of the menu appearing, do the following: … Continue reading Speed up menu bar and sub options opening in Android Studio 1.4